My name is Jayllee Carter, I am currently in my final
semester studying a Commerce degree majoring in Management and Public relations
at the Bentley campus. I commute to Curtin from Bunbury, those of you not from Western
Australia; this is roughly an hour and a half south of Perth.
I have been extremely lucky to gain placement at the Bunbury City Council in the Tourism, Promotions and Events department. A major focus of
my placement will consist in helping plan and orchestrate the upcoming Kidsfest. A children’s festival throughout the school holidays. I want to get direction out of this placement, see if this is the sort of career I would enjoy and be able to help people. My first day involved organising the volunteer applications, and beginning to arrange the volunteer roster throughout the event. This should be a great learning experience and I can’t wait to share this experience with you all.

No comments:
Post a Comment