Wednesday, September 4, 2013

First couple of weeks in the 'real world'

Hi guys!

I have just finished my second week of Prac working for Rottnest Express- and I feel like I am finally starting to get the hang of things.

At the moment I have been given a research project to work on, which involves analysing Rottnest island and its tourists (and finding out if they think prices are reasonable, if they find information about the island easily, how they decide what to do when they are over there etc), as well as other main tourist attractions in Perth/WA- and finding out why they choose to go there instead of Rottnest.

Basically have to present all my findings in a report- it's a lot of fun to do this research because i get to go out onto the field- so i visit places like Rottnest and Hillary's boat harbour and AQWA and the swan valley etc. means i get to experience office work as well as getting the chance to do some independent work on my own.

Everyone here is really nice and understanding whenever i have any questions or problems, so overall I am really enjoying my prac so far!

will keep you updated with how things go.

Camryn


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Camyrn!

I worked on the campaign for Rottofest 2013 (small world!) and did a bit of research on what makes Rottnest so great. Turns out it is actually a great destination for a variety of tourists!

Theres actually an article in The Weekend West from 5th September on page 17 that has a lot to say about tourist obsessions with the Quokka (particularly the US)

Hope this helps :)
Sandra

Unknown said...

Thanks Sandra I am definitely going to take this in to work tomorrow i'm sure they will all enjoy it :)

Camryn