This week I have realized how important it was for us to learn how to properly structure and write PR briefs.
I have had two write up three separate briefs since starting here at Rottnest Express, and for once I am so grateful for the hundreds of times we have had to do them at uni over the past 3-4 years. I managed to remember everything that needed to be in them, and both of my employers were very impressed with the professional layout and how easy it was to read (bonus!)
Today I also got to take part in assisting the marketing directors with the choice of new signs for the Northport Ferry Terminal entrance. It was really interesting to see all the different choices sent through by graphic designers, and to have a say in the final chosen product.
Over the weekend there was a bit of trouble for Rottnest Express. Due to the severe weather warnings, they had to cancel a lot of the ferry trips to and from the island, which obviously caused some distress for customers who were either waiting to go over, or wanting to come back home.
The team managed the crisis very well, they had to keep a lot of nervous people calm on the ferries, as well as change or refund bookings. It was an interesting insight to crisis management.
Until next time! adios
Welcome to PR Internship - YOUR opportunity to put everything you have learned over the past years at university into practice and to get a thorough insight into what public relations is like "in the real world". This Blog allows you to reflect on your experiences, share insights with other students across campuses and to possibly give advice and support to fellow students. Please also see http://printernship-reflections.blogspot.com.au/ for more reflections
No comments:
Post a Comment