Monday, October 28, 2013

Spreading the Positivity Word


Hi everyone


Things really started to ramp up in about July, where I was set with the challenging task of finding an email address for all the schools around Australia and send them an email concerning the nominations for the ‘Young Positive Role Model of the Year’ awards. This was quite difficult as there are quite a lot of schools in Australia however after calling the Department of Education it became a bit easier as they gave me a list of emails from some of the states, the rest I found on a directory website. This task was not my favourite but I understood the importance and once I got into the zone it wasn’t too bad emailing thousands of schools.

One thing I really found useful and I really liked putting together was the Media Kit’s from PR Media in my second year of University. I decided to ask my manager Jess if it would be okay to create a media kit about the campaign and she agreed that it was a good idea. One of the other interns Adam and I learnt the importance of really tailoring a media release to your target areas. We tailored one media release to the area of Kalamunda by including the name of the local council candidate. I put my name as the contact person and soon received a call from a journalist from the Kalamunda Times and was extremely excited to organise a photo opportunity and interview. All the interns were even more excited when our story ended up being published.

Whilst organising all the media side of the campaign we also had to go shopping for the treasure hunt which was close approaching. Imogen and I had a good time going to cash and carry and picking out lollies for the lolly bags and buying toys for the treasure hunt.  

 

2 comments:

Jayllee Elizabeth said...

Hi there,

I found this also very useful tailoring media kits to specific stakeholders. I feel that it made the media kits individual as well as allowed the receiver to feel valued. Overall I believe that tailoring each media kit to the intended person/company enhances the chances of hearing back and builds a stronger relationship between the organisation and stakeholder!

Thanks for you post!

Jay

Unknown said...

Hi Guys,

I totally agree with you on the importance of having a tailor made media kit for each stakeholder / targeted audiences. Its such a good way to get straight to the point on the events and concepts that directly interest and relate to them. Whilst at my internship i had come across many media kits that were targeted at different stakeholders. I also had the opportunity to help out at the MoMa series press release and their media kits were delivered with some cupcakes to build good relations with the AGWA.

Good to read see how different establishments use different strategies for theeir media kits!

Emily