Three-quarters way through and I can't believe how fast time flew by. I've been so busy interning, enjoying the internship and just learning so much. My colleagues have been so incredibly helpful and my supervisor has taught me heaps. I'm really blessed to be at Baptistcare and to be learning everything I'm learning.
This quarter, I started working on the short film for the commissioning service. The commissioning service takes place annually in a local Baptist church and it is where they dedicate all the staff. In this film, a couple of residents from each facility is interviewed on their lives and how they feel about the staff in each facility. We also ask each resident for words of wisdom since they've lived fulfilling lives.
I got to visit 4 out of the 13 aged care facilities and I learned so much at each, both from my supervisor and from the residents. Wisdom definitely comes with age!
I definitely enjoyed going out and meeting people and as a film major, this is something I'm comfortable with as well.
I can't wait to see the end product for sure!
1 comment:
It really is scary to think of how fast the last few months have gone, I totally get where you're coming from. Baptistcare does great things for people that really need it and it's good to see you chipping in and helping to make a difference. A job well done!
Post a Comment