I would like to say for everyone who have helped me a lot during my placement. I have learnt a lot and I am now confidence to apply my public relation skills.
All I can say is Public Relation plays an important role for both organisation either profit or non-profit. However, I would say it is essential for all non-profit organisation to consider the used or public relation. Many organisation are probably scare to hire PR staff as they have limited budget to spend. However, as we know there are lot of non-profits out there who are doing the same works, competing for donors, staffs, volunteers, and etc.. Yes, it a competition for them!
After spending few days during my placement, i have realized that every year non-profit will face the same problem which is budget. Public relation definitely can offer a low-cost budget for non-profits to help them gaining public awareness. There are so many ways that PR can do such as media relations, fundraising events, and etc. These activities can help the organisation become notice by the people. Once they are aware with the organisation works, they can be a potential donors, volunteers, or staffs.
I believe PR plays an important role for the success of the organisation. Why? It is because the effective communication is required to make the people aware about the organisation. However, without effective communication skills are applied into the strategies, the goals are hardly to achieve.
What i found during my internship, PR and fundraiser really need to work together as they connect to each other. A good plans will help the fundraisers to raise awareness of public. PR can help the fundraisers to strengthen a message that fundraisers want to share with public by using media or public support. Other thing that PR can do is to identify the target public for the fundraising and to help them encouraging those potential people. An effective communication are required to encourage people to donate as we know the aim of fundraising is to gain more support through donations. PR can help the fundraisers to create an effective communication strategies that can help people understand the situation, the benefits of their help and how the money will be spent.
The other thing that I concern is PR and fundraisers should work together with the same direction. I do understand that some non-profits probably do not have PR staff and in this case, many of PR jobs are done by fundraising people. However, both of them have different jobs description to follow although they are related to each other. The way PR think is different. They know the differences each of their target public and how to get them. PR will also help the fundraisers to evaluate how successful the event and to give them positive input to improve in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment