Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Experienced the real world!


My final days

As my internship now comes to a close, it’s sad to think I will no longer get to spend my Mondays and Fridays with the people from the office.

I like to think that I have really settled into the work place and become a lot more confortable than my first few days. From the range of jobs and challenges I have been faced with, it has truly given me a real insight into what PR is all about. Although not having to always deal with ‘typical’ public relations work, by doing my placement in a small organisation, it has given me the opportunity to see all things you may have to deal with. Ranging from photocopying, media contact list updates, spreadsheets, editing, photo shoots and agricultural shows, I believe I have been exposed to a lot more areas than you would have to undertake in a larger organisation’s public relations field.

My final day with Bauxite Alumina Joint Venture was just tying up the loose ends, we finished facebook to a manageable level for rest of the staff and I handed over notes about what to do regarding it. We also had a meeting with Clarity Communication to sort out and start planning what social media tools to use. All in all it was a wonderful last day and it’s been fantastic working with BAJV to gain some real world experience!

Here are some photos from the Ag shows and my day as a photographer!


 





3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hi Fiona,

It's sad to think our internships are coming to an end.

But it sounds like you are really a part of the corporate culture and have gained a lot of experience in the PR industry.

The photographs look amazing!

All the best in your future endeavours,

Ashleigh.

Unknown said...

Hi Fiona ,

I kind of like the idea behind not sitting in front of a desk all day and doing the typical PR activities.

Firstly I really like your photo's as they are a reflection of the work you have done and give good imagery to that.

I also really like that your organisation doesn't mind getting it's hand dirty, something that I would be very interested in.

Good luck with the future and I'm sure I will see you soon.
Somewhere.