Greetings again all!
I hope you are all enjoying your holidays, while I am at work :). Being only a day since my last post this is quite unexpected that I find myself here once more. Today was a long day of researching media outlets that raise the concerns of the current Australian spying scandal, as well as media coverage that concerns oil and gas in general in East Timor. East Timor being a nation with a high level of illiteracy, the task of finding a broad source of media outlets proved to be a challenge. Credible, high quality content is a vital part of gathering information, especially within a narrow spectrum. However, I was luckily able to find some good sources that highlight issue-specific information we needed for the database/excel spread sheet.
The surprise news of the day for me however, was finding out that I had been recognised in PPR's magazine 'the Pick,' an investor focused magazine. I had done some editing, writing and research on two topics, and tried my hand at being an editorial writer. I am not the best of writers, but this sure makes me want to lift my skills! The feeling of seeing your name published in the byline section is something quite special to me. The Pick is a well edited and laid out magazine, with a high level of clarity that provides easy reading. Writing for investors means sometimes writing in a conversational style, all the while ensuring a newsworthy stance, keeping topics both very relevant and interesting. It's PR with investors in mind- and as such, it's PR with the objective of communicating to a different target audience. Providing stories that they need, useful, quality stories. This has been my understanding.
Well folks, that's all for now. I hope this is helpful :)
Until next time! Take care.
Yours sincerely
Welcome to PR Internship - YOUR opportunity to put everything you have learned over the past years at university into practice and to get a thorough insight into what public relations is like "in the real world". This Blog allows you to reflect on your experiences, share insights with other students across campuses and to possibly give advice and support to fellow students. Please also see http://printernship-reflections.blogspot.com.au/ for more reflections
Thursday, December 5, 2013
'The Pick' of the bunch
Labels:
#15489610,
#CurtinBentley,
#database,
#Editing,
#PPR,
#QualityContent,
#Research
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Tevor,
you are definitely not on your own gaining work experience whilst others may relax on the beach. Seven of next year's Bentley students have already commenced - or are just about to - their placement. Plus, there are plenty of other students at our other campuses that are using the summer break to gain valuable experience. It looks like they may have been less involved on the blog(s) than you have.
Congrats for featuring in 'the Pick' - don't forget to share a photo / link - either here and/or in your final report.
Katharina
Hi Katharina,
Thank you for all your support and advice! I have def found this experience eye-opening and a valuable experience! I think the year caught up with me, finally falling sick over Christmas! At least everything flowed well through the year though and I'm happy to report great uni results this semester! Happy New Year to you and I look forward to our meeting in the new year sometime :) All the very best.
Kind Regards
Trevor
PS- Here is the Link to The Pick! http://issuu.com/thepick/docs/the_pick_issue_12_-_online/0
Post a Comment