Thursday, February 27, 2014

Throwback My First Day and My First Month in My Industrial Training

During my first day of my intern, I was brought to get to know each other in the sales department because my marcomm office was inside. Sale officers were all nice and friendly and they made me feel comfortable enough to work with them together. Then, I met my supervisor and she was such a nice and pretty girl too, Ms Norafida.

On the first day, she taught me a lot basic things such as how to prepare sale kits, prepare event signage whenever there is event order happen the day before. Besides, media clipping also cannot miss out. I was told to buy newspaper every day and did media clipping if there is any news and advertisements were published in the newspaper.


During the first month, day by day, i started to learn how to design and create voucher by using CorelDraw software. Picture below shows how it looks like. 


I was learning how to design because my position not only trainee but also as communication executive and graphic designer. Thanks to the previous employee who has resigned so I managed to learn extra things which are also a very good opportunity for me.

Novotel Kicks Off Chinese New Year Celebration with the Media.



This was the biggest event I have seen during my first month intern, January. My placement welcomes the Lunar New Year with a “Prosperity” gathering with members of the media. The event began with tossing of “Yee Sang” wishing for prosperity, abundance and vigour, before proceeding to a delectable food tasting session. 


Khong Hui Yee, Anne
14904073

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to know that you enjoyed your internship and learn a lot of extra knowledge, good luck in your report :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Moon said...

Haappy to hear that you have your internship in Novotel :)Normally how many newspaper you need to buy in hotel industry? My placement office almost bought all the newspaper in West Malaysia

Anneliese, Anne said...

Normally we won't buy the full set newspapers in Sabah but when it comes to an event which is going to happen soon, we will bought almost the whole Sabah's newspaper and also include one international newspaper which is The Brunei Times.