Monday, March 10, 2014

Hypothetical Crises

Hi everyone, I apologise for the delay in uploading this blog, due to some personal issues I had to take some time off. I only just started again this week and it has been pretty busy at the MS Society, with multiple news stories emerging about innovative treatments that are not funded by the Australian Government. It has left Taryn (my supervisor) very busy preparing news releases and statements incase they are needed. 

This has led to my current task of creating a crisis communication plan. The plan will contain possible crises, media releases available on request if there is a crises, the steps the organisation must take to handle the crises, and a statement from either the CEO or General Manager. It hasn’t been an easy job creating a hypothetical scenario with a media release and statement to follow, as I am not aware of the extent of the scenario and how much information will be needed. I don’t have a previous template to go off so it is proving to be a challenging job, but once it’s completed I will be able to check a new area of PR off my list. 

Everything I have learnt at Curtin feels as if it is all coming together, whether it be creating a media kit, writing letters from senior management or creating a social media plan, I finally am using the skills I have learnt in my degree and expanding on them each day. I believe that by the time I graduate and have finished my degree, I will be ready to enter the work force in PR. 

Thanks for reading! Gabby

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That sounds like it would have been a great learning experience. No wonder you've been busy. I'll make sure I keep an eye on the news in case there's any developments!

Francesca :)

Diane Too said...

Hello Gabby, crisis management sounds like fun, and it is absolutely mandatory. Crisis communication management for the MH370 flight has taken its toll in Malaysia, due to reasons such as, insufficient media training during crises, lack of reference to international aviation crises and etc. I am certain that your knowledge gained in this area will be a valuable asset for future job prospects :)