Wednesday, April 23, 2014

First week at Dine for Life!

My internship has officially begun after my first full day at the Dine for Life headquarters. Before I get into what I got up to I’ll give you a little run down about what Dine for Life is all about. Basically the organisation is a non-for profit high profile dining event that give one hundred percent of funds to a different human trafficking charity each year. A truly special and unique idea that has been tremendously successful in the past and will hopefully continue to be this year with my help of course.

Dine for Life was founded by two talented ladies who wanted to use their business skills to give back something to the world. Essentially, it is an event of luxury dining at twenty of Perth’s finest restaurants, followed by a secret after party, for a number of Perth’s high calibre guests. My job as an events intern will involve various tasks to initiate and plan the event and assist with public relations duties to promote Dine for Life’s objectives, before and after the event.

This week was already exciting. First on the list was to develop a telephone pitch and gathered sponsorship ideas for the ‘foodie’ goodie bags, received by guests on the evening of the event. Putting this pitch into practice will be on next weeks agenda and to me is rather daunting, however I’m up for a challenge and will learn by doing! Today, I also sent out various emails with my co-intern Sonja, to various restaurants following up on their M.O.U’s (memorandum of understanding) or basically the contract outlining what was required of each restaurant sponsor and what they would receive in return.

This week I also attended a meeting at the secret after party location (of which I cannot divulge) while the founder Andjelka discussed ideas with the public relations person of the location. The day consisted of lighting and sound discussions, then MOU and contract talk.  Overall and extremely insightful and exciting week, I can’t wait until we next meet!

No comments: