Monday, May 5, 2014

Thrown in the PR deep end.


Upon  my first 10 days interning at the newly established Aaron McPolin creative studio,  I have possibly undertaken every student project we were ever assessed on in the PR Techniques unit - but this time... its real life.  I shook the nerves and completed the following tasks urgently and hopefully impressively.  (real life)

Tasks;
I have written a media release for the studios official opening night and submitted it to publications.
I actively followed up my media release submissions with a phone call and managed to get a story published in the Western Suburbs Weekly.
I have written a vision and mission for the photography studio.

I have started a public relations plan with the communications manager, which required us to liaise with  all artists and team specialists who occupy the space and gather a collection of goals and objectives.
I have started a new Facebook page and have been given admin control to disperse exciting company information to fans and potential clients.
I also was heavily involved with organising the opening night and overlooked guest RSVPs leading up to, and on the night of the event.

 


Aaron in Action. Art Meets Fashion Night.
I definitely feel I have already been given an important role within the establishment. I have approached each task with great interest and in return my supervisor has given me a lot of creative input, therefore I feel very welcome.  I learned in PR Consultancy that ideas and creativity go hand in hand. I would also like to add passion fuels creative ideas too (of course!). I'm really passionate about the fashion industry and here at the studio I work closely with the resident fashion photographer, Aaron, and the in house stylists.  I find myself really interested in using my creative initiate to help the team.
Im very blessed to be working with a passionate team who collaborate everyday on bettering their mission.  A bunch of cool kids really who share the same passion. It looks like its going to be a fun and beneficial month ahead.



 Phoebe                                                                                                              





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Phoebe,

Talk about sink or swim! It sounds like an incredibly challenging yet amazing opportunity, to have so much responsibility with such tight deadlines.

Congratulations on having your press release published, what a great reward for all your hard work.

All the best with the rest of your placement, sounds like a perfect fit.

~Hannah