Sunday, July 27, 2014

Learn to SURVIVE

Hi all!

So, here I am going to continue talking about my intern life in Homes Property Management. As I mentioned before, my company's objective is to promote brand awareness. So, promotional material is a must.

After a deep discussion with Tris, we decided to redesign the company brochures first. From what we have seen in the current brochure, the pictures on the brochure are not that relevant to the company. Some of the information can be removed and the slogan can be shortened.  Besides, as it is printed in both Chinese and English versions, the translation in the Chinese version needs to be improved.

Previous version of company brochure


Our team had a longer discussion on both design and content of the brochure. As everyone has different views, we tried to work on together, listen to each other in order to get the task completed within the deadline given by our MD, Tris. I was assigned to come out with some different slogans for the company and made some short and catchy words on the content of the brochure that can be attracted by the public. However, after we had done the brochure, here comes another issue, Tris did not accept our design and content of the brochure and did not want the design of the brochure to be too complicated. So, we were told to make changes and work on it again and again.

I felt a little unhappy when Tris wanted us to redo it for a few times, but I tolerated  and learnt to respect her decision and completed it within the deadline. Besides, I have also learnt how to get along with other colleagues and listen to each other, even you didn't agree on what he/she had said. I knew that working in a real life is not that easy and this is probably what I need to learn to "SURVIVE" in a real life company.

On the other hand, I started to read more local newspapers and magazines in order to know more about the media angles each media outlet has emphasized on, so that I am able to identify which media outlet can be targeted for my company to advertise or publish feature story in future use.

Overall, I am quite satisfied with the outcome of the brochure. I hope the first step of our strategies can eventually help to increase the company awareness within the local community.



More to come next week.

Yee Ting Ch'ng
16341054

No comments: