Monday, July 21, 2014

My Lips are Sealed- VIP Visit



The first week of my internship was fast paced and really threw me in the middle of the action. We had a VIP visit and my confidentiality agreement meant I wasn’t allowed to blog about it earlier.
 The Japanese and Australian Prime ministers toured one of the mine sites and it was the first of its kind by a Japanese Prime Minister to the Pilbara operations.
I was kept busy writing information for the brochures and proof reading everything that was needed for the visit. I also helped with organising one of the key timelines by gathering all the details needed and contacting the employee involved with the material.
The day before was a whirlwind and I learnt what busy really meant as I was sent to work doing media and information packs needed for the visit.
 It felt great knowing I was a part of the event especially compiling all the media alerts afterwards to create a report and being able to see how much coverage it got.

* Please note due to confidentiality I am unable to publish anything with the company’s name that may be searchable to the public

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, how exciting that you had a VIP visit during your internship - particularly VIPS's as influential as the two you were able to engage with.