Thursday, August 14, 2014

Experiences is the best teacher

Hi all, this is my third post. I want to share with you what I have done and learnt on the third week of my internship.
            Other than preparing media releases, one of the tasks that I enjoy doing was photo shooting. I learnt a lot on different skills such as how to take the best angle of different delicious dishes, hotel rooms, and swimming pools. I also learned a lot on different colors settings to make the picture livelier during my internship. Before my internship, I did not know that skills and techniques for photo shoots are important for a PR person too because a clear images with a good lighting are important aspects to make a photo stand out.
             I remember one day during the third week of my internship, I was told to take the best angle of a photo for their new food promotion which is "Sarawak Laksa" in Han Palace Restaurant, and I also got the chance to try their delicious Sarawak Laksa after I was done taking different angles of the laksa. Since I've tried the laksa, I was then able to describe how it tasted. So my second task was to design a table tent card. 

             Throughout this internship, I learnt how to use the software (CorelDraw) to design things. At first, I was not familiar with the software (CorelDraw) but with the help from my colleagues, I slowly caught up and now know how to use it which is one of the new skills I've gained from this internship.

                          A sneak peak on the design of the Laksa table tend card from my computer.


Experiences is the best teacher, it makes us learn more about new stuff and it makes our life                                                                             better in the future. 




Vivien Yong Pei En
15597089/7e1a8450

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Vivien, thank you for sharing your blog with us. Yes, that's right. Experience is the best teacher. I am doing my internship at whiskey distillery. My supervisor asked me to do PR report for client, I have no clue what it is. She explained that just all media releases from social media need to put all together on the PowerPoint in order to present to client. I have to go to search forever get all media releases ready , took screenshot, put each media release nicely in order to fit into PowerPoint. It took me three weeks to do so. It is really hard at the beginning, after three weeks, I can do it in 2 hours!