Sunday, August 10, 2014

Starting out

Zach Relph
Bentley Campus
15515269

G'day everyone,

my name is Zach and I am a third year Mass Communications student majoring in both journalism and public relations.

I am currently completing my internship at the non-profit organisation Cancer Support WA which is located in Cottesloe, and so far I am enjoying it a lot.

For those of you who haven't heard of Cancer Support WA, it is a small organisation that dedicates itself to providing a support network to people suffering from cancer and their family.

They do a lot of terrific work throughout WA, and their communications department plays a major role in reaching out and driving their different campaigns and fundraising events.

So far I have completed four days work and have spent majority of my time working on the communications plan for their up and coming SNAP initiative.

I've also spent time writing online copy for their new website that is due to be developed in the coming month.

All in all, it has been an eventful first few days of work and I have learnt a lot.

I'm looking forward to what the rest of the internship has to offer.

Zach


No comments: