Monday, October 6, 2014

Bunge Australia

Hi Everyone,

During my second week at Cannings Purple I was briefed on client ‘Bunge Australia’ and the three events that Cannings Purple will be organising and managing over the next month for them:

·         Newdegate Field Day (3rd & 4th Sep)
·         Dowerin Field Day (27th & 28th Aug)
·         Bunbury Launch Event (19th Sep)

The team at Cannings Purple were already underway with coordinating equipment hire, designing material media, and the general organisation of the two field days and the launch event.  I started my work with Bunge Australia by searching their website and gaining a broad understanding of their work.


During the week I have been involved in the Bunge Australia project in a number of ways.  I brainstormed interactive activates that could be set up as part of the field day.  We chose to set up a ‘Guess the Grains’ competition, similar to ‘Guess the Jelly Beans’.  I was in charge of filling three jars with wheat and working out how many grains were in the competition jar (the lucky number was 54, 038). The closest guess on the day will receive a Nosh hamper.

I sorted through emails and results from Campaign Monitor and called recipients that had not yet responded to the email invitation.   I then updated the RSVP spreadsheet for the Bunbury Launch event with the updated status of the guests. 

Yesterday I was involved in a meeting for the Bunbury launch event, we ran through the running sheet, checklist and the possible issues that may arise on the day.  The documents brought back memories from PR Techniques!  
I’ve been asked to attend the event in Bunbury on Friday 19th September to help with setting up the launch and the general running of the day.
  
My next post will be a summary of my weekend down south in Bunbury at the Port launch event, I am looking forward to participating in an event out of the office and gaining some ‘real life’ public relations experience!


Sophie McKay 16138667 

No comments: