Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Bunge Launch Event in Bunbury


Hi Everyone,

Last Friday I was lucky enough to be invited to Bunbury with the Cannings Purple team for an event they had organised for client, Bunge Australia.  The brief had consisted of a day time official opening of the new silos at Bunbury Port, and then a sundowner later in the day. 


Rebecca and I arrived in Bunbury at 11am on Friday morning, we proceeded to meet up with Danika, Renee and Ryan who were the team behind the planning of the day. We were given an information pack containing a running sheet, checklist and contacts for the event and were briefed on our duties for the day. 




I was stationed at the Bunbury BREC centre to coordinate the bus which was picking people up every ten minutes and taking them out the launch event due to the limited parking and tight security at the Port facility, I liaised with the bus driver and the invitees on their way to the launch.

At 1.30 I travelled back to the Port at just caught the end of the speeches and the unveiling of the plaque. I had been given a photo brief for the event so I introduced myself to the official photographer and he helped me with getting some good photos of the Port tour and of the general event.  It was great experience to work with a photographer while being part of a big event and seeing all of the team’s months of hard work paying off.

At 4pm Danika, Rebecca, Ryan and myself drove to the BREC Centre to finish setting up for the sundowner set to start at 5pm.  The design team at Cannings Purple designed seven huge posters that we put up around the function centre.

We raced over to the Mantra at 4.50pm and got ready for the sundowner event, we were back at 5.05pm for the start.  I worked with the photographer again and talked to a number of guests throughout the night. 

 

The client, Bunge Australia were very happy with all aspects of both the Launch at the Port and the Sundowner at the BREC Centre.  The experience of being a part of the planning and then the actual event was incredible, all of the hard work of planning and organising the event down to the last detail resulted in a smooth running, crisis free event. 

I could relate this experience to PR Techniques when I created a running sheet, checklist and contacts list for a hypothetical event with the Rotary Club.

A debrief has been planned with the staff that attended for tomorrow morning in the office. 

Sophie McKay 16138667

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Sophie,

I absolutely love that you’ve included such stunning imagery in your blog posts. They really have given me such an in-depth insight into your experience. I guess the saying is true, a picture really is worth a thousand words.

I really enjoyed reading about the whole event process and to see it was that involvement in the planning and event day which made it so rewarding for you. I also found it interesting to see you relate your experience back to PR Techniques. It really shows just how applicable all the initial skills we have been taught are in the ‘real world’ and just how much they can grow and thrive when given the opportunity to do so.

I hope you continue to have an invaluable experience in your placement.
All the best on your journey.

Eva Niedzwiedz