Sunday, October 19, 2014

Final Days

Hi Everyone,

Today was my final day at Cannings Purple, I thought that I would be excited to have finished my internship but I’m feeling sad to be leaving the welcoming and enthusiastic team that I have been lucky to be a part of for the past two months. 

I baked muffins and brought them in for morning tea but the staff had also organised a morning tea for me and Grace with cakes, slices, party pies and coffee.  We all had morning tea in the board room and the directors welcomed a new staff member Grace and said goodbye to me.  

Throughout the past two months of my internship I have been exposed to and have been a part of a number of different projects with a number of different clients.  

I have written media releases, created contact lists, written questions, conducted interviews, attended corporate meetings and been a part of a big event in Bunbury.  The public relations units that I have completed prepared me for the work that I was given and allowed me to feel like I had some background knowledge that I could apply to the tasks I was given.

I feel like I have developed my written and communication skills to a great extent while working in a friendly, team environment with a talented and committed team.  I feel like the PR393 unit has given me so much valuable experience and has made me feel confident and excited about my first job.

I’m looking forward to completing the rest of my degree and getting out into the ‘real world’!

Sophie McKay 16138667

No comments: