Hello everyone!
I've been so busy trying to catch up with my assignments right after my internship ended that I didn't have enough time to even update on how it went! So here's me just giving an account of it.
My last day was honestly the most enjoyable time I've had during the entire span of my internship at Identitywa! Not because it was finally time I packed and leave (I was actually quite sad and almost teared - I'm very emotional, no joke), but because I was involved in the Carer's High Tea event.
So it was held in celebration for Carer's Week. I've been writing so many articles and media releases regarding this upcoming (at that time) event, but I've never imagined myself attending it. Until my communications officer asked if I would like to help on that day, I was more than pleased. I was quite nervous because I didn't know what sort of task I would be given - or what can I even do for the event. I've been writing media releases this entire time during my internship, and when it came to me getting out there, I felt completely useless.
So the event was held at the Como Bowling Club, and our task as staffs at Identitywa was to serve the carers tea. I was in charge of taking photographs during the entire event, and engaging with the carers.
How could I NOT be tempted to stuff my face with these?!
Door gifts and prizes for the raffle.
This event made me realise one reason why I love working in Identitywa so much: they are really warm to be around with because they put in effort to make me feel comfortable. During the event, they not only gave me a lot of encouragement, they also included me in whenever they wanted to secretly gorge down sausage rolls, scones and sandwiches.
I've never believed my photography skills was something to brag about, because to be honest, it's self taught (besides the photography units I took which I never had good grades for) and pretty much mediocre I would say. But during the course of the event, the staffs constantly gave me a lot of encouragement by saying how grateful they are to have me to take photos for them, and how much they liked it. The Engagement Leader, who was in charge of handling the event, even thanked me personally.
The amount of acknowledgement given to the very small task given to me made me feel important in the organisation. I didn't feel useless because I didn't carry out tasks like hosting the event, etc. And this is definitely something I don't see in organisations a lot, and the staffs at Identitywa are trying their best to practice this.
The amount of acknowledgement given to the very small task given to me made me feel important in the organisation. I didn't feel useless because I didn't carry out tasks like hosting the event, etc. And this is definitely something I don't see in organisations a lot, and the staffs at Identitywa are trying their best to practice this.
Although these things may sound small, it meant the most to me. And I doubt I'll ever forget such an organisation - not because it's my first ever official work experience, but because they're honestly the warmest I've ever known. ☺
Thank you, Identitywa for giving me an amazing learning journey and experience! ♥
Denissa Goh
15652315
15652315
1 comment:
Hi Denissa,
Looked like a lovely event to work at! It's always rewarding to be involved with the organisation of an event and see it all together at the end, and then have to remember to enjoy the experience and the hard work!
Great photos by the way, looks yummy!
Good luck with your assignments,
Kieran
Post a Comment