Hey guys,
It's been pretty crazy at the moment with uni, as I am sure you can all agree. Things at Momentum have been crazy too.
Last night we had the Pink Ribbon Ball, which raises awareness and funds in support of breast cancer. Although I am focusing on Perth Pet Expo, I helped out with the massive event last night.
The ball was held at the Hyatt and my main responsibilities were to set up the raffle boxes for the tables, help with the door prize entries, be a spotter for the live auction, and get the model ready who was wearing a Betty Tran dress which was one of the auction prizes, and a few more responsibilities as the night progressed.
It was a fantastic night and with an event such as this and the amount of people attending, there are always issues that arise that needed to be sorted, these however could always be resolved. You don't realise how much goes into an event of this size until your working at it, so I am really loving the fact I can witness it from the creation to it's completion and It really is a rewarding experience to see the event at its final stage. The main thing i learned from last night however is that it is all in the details!
I started my internship after the Pink Ribbon Ball organisation had started, so I'm very much looking forward to seeing The Perth Pet Expo from start to it's finish and seeing the hard work pay off.
In the end no matter how chaotic it all gets, the experience I am gaining is all worth it!
Talk soon,
Kieran
Welcome to PR Internship - YOUR opportunity to put everything you have learned over the past years at university into practice and to get a thorough insight into what public relations is like "in the real world". This Blog allows you to reflect on your experiences, share insights with other students across campuses and to possibly give advice and support to fellow students. Please also see http://printernship-reflections.blogspot.com.au/ for more reflections
1 comment:
Hey Kieran! I am glad to see you are enjoying your internship. A few members of Telstra Perth Fashion Festival attended the event, including the direct Mariella herself. I heard great things!
I totally agree, prep is everything and when you fall behind so many small detail can turn into bigger problems.
Be sure to comment on my post recent post.
Take care,
Chebet
Post a Comment