For the Melbourne Cup I was assisting in the coordinating of Momentum Forum Events' Melbourne Cup Luncheon for CanTeen. The event was held at the Parmelia Hilton in Perth and offered a delicious 3-course meal with wines supplied by Momentum's' sponsor Driftwood. It was a great working day as everyone looked excellent with their fascinators, dresses and suits while having a drink and enjoying the glorious cup!
For the event Kieran (another intern) and myself organised the 'Sweep Stakes' betting game where all proceeds went to CanTeen. After the race when the winners were sorted, I had to make the announcement in front of the 150+ guests of the event.
X-Factor contestant Sydnee Carter performed followed by a hilarious Michael Jackson impersonator who sung and danced to about 5 Michael Jackson songs which got the entire crowd dancing. While events are not my preference, I definitely enjoy the end result of seeing them be executed with excellence.
Good luck finalising your reports!
Joseph Madeley
Welcome to PR Internship - YOUR opportunity to put everything you have learned over the past years at university into practice and to get a thorough insight into what public relations is like "in the real world". This Blog allows you to reflect on your experiences, share insights with other students across campuses and to possibly give advice and support to fellow students. Please also see http://printernship-reflections.blogspot.com.au/ for more reflections

1 comment:
Wow Joseph!
It sounds like an awesome event filled with lots of glitz and glamour! I'm sure you must have had a ball of a time!
I can relate to the sense of accomplishment that you must have felt after the completion of a successful event - I felt the same as well when I assisted in planning an event for my placement.
Trust me - I also do understand the painstaking effort that is needed to plan and coordinate an event, but definitely events are a good way of gaining wonderful insight as to how attention to detail is very much emphasised. This is a skill and trait that I'm sure is sought after by many employers and I believe that you will do well in your career in the future as well!
All the best of luck in your future career!
Nicholas Cross
Post a Comment