Thursday, January 22, 2015

New Year, New Work

As Future Music Festival slowly creeps up on us, it seems like the Mellen Offices are getting busier and busier by the minute!
Today, as we all know as interns, we sometimes get the bad jobs. I think today, for the first time,  I spent 7 hours straight doing Media Monitoring. Except, there were newspapers upon newspapers and endless magazines that have yet to have had the advertisements cut out and put into folders.




I had to search for such events as Sting and Paul Simon, Jimmy Barnes, Billy Idol, John Legend, Angus and Julia Stone and most importantly; Future Music Festival. 
Future Music is on in 2 months time and along with all these other events and festivals coming up, there is only going to be more media monitoring and for the promotional work for the event.





As well as working in the office, I will be attending, managing and organising club events around Perth. At these events I will be promoting Future Music festival, giving out door prizes and making sure that the Future Music club night run according to plan. 


This will be an exciting opportunity to manage and run my very own events along with the help from my mentor in the first few weeks, using run sheets I can only hope that everything goes along to plan without any hiccups!! 

I can't wait for the month ahead! It can only get better, hope everyone else is going well with there internships! 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are so lucky to get an internship with an organisation working Future Music Festival!

I know all about the intern getting the bad jobs but I guess we just have to see that job within the bigger picture.

Really awesome that you get to organise your own events leading up to the day, can't wait to hear more about them :)