Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Welcome to the Intern experience, everything New.

Wednesday  18 FEB

My first day, I was a bit stressed because I did not know what to expect about the environment there and the job itself. I only knew that I would be in  the communication department. I arrived at the office, very early  and waited and waited!!!! Until some lady came to guide me to where I was supposed to work for the next month.


The first week  I have been learning about the routine which  needs to be done at the office. To start I was at the reception desk answering phone calls and taking messages. Its crazy because the phone would not stop ringing and I hadn't even finished writing the message and there is another incoming call. I was wondering how does the receptionist does everyday. I think it’s a question of being used to the work and most importantly not to panic….


 I also did my first media clippings, where there was about seven newspapers waiting to be read and scrutinised for articles related to the company. So was reading reading and reading again and it was quite boring but it had to be done. Then I had to verify that all the articles were sent to all the departments.

 What is nice though is that you can listen to the radio and it gives you the peps to work.

On top of all this, for a first week, I found it very satisfying.

Cheers 

Next post coming soon!!!! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Melissa 

It sounds like you’re settling well into your internship placement.

It’s great that you arrived early on your first day! A very good first impression.

I also like to listen to the radio at work, it really does make the day go faster!

Here’s an article I found with some good internet radio stations

http://internet.answers.com/internet-media/good-internet-radio-stations-for-listening-at-work

Enjoy!

Unknown said...

HI Adina

thanks for the link

Indeed listening to the radio does make the day go faster...