Wednesday, May 13, 2015

LUX* Royal Raid 2015!

The LUX* Royal Raid occurred on the 9th May this year and celebrated its 10 years on that same day which made it even more special in terms of organisation, animation and set up. The 15 km, 35 km and 80 km races respectively started at Bel Ombre, the Jet ranch and the Casela Park. The event was very impressive and very professional.




I had the chance to be involved, along with two of my colleagues, in the live social media coverage of that special day. I was assigned the task of taking pictures of the 35 km runners at the 'fueling' stop next to the Parakeet trail in the Black River Gorges National Park. My task turned out to be very entertaining in the process.




We had it all handled beforehand for the coverage of the race... Except for one thing, the network connection that appeared to be too scarce on our phones for us to activate our 3G connection. Fortunately, we managed to find a spot with some Wi-Fi at the arrival location that was in front of the Tamassa Hotel in Bel Ombre. The hustle and bustle over there was really impressive. After all the Royal Raid consisted of 983 participants and 300 staff members and contributors. It was a delightful experience to witness the emotion and satisfaction that was expressed by the runners and their families.  And the best feeling on my part was to have the responsibility to assist the sharing of this sight with everyone.

Thanks LUX* Royal Raid!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Nathalie,

Thank you for sharing your experience about the event with us. I had the chance to participate in a prevention session from my organization and I think that we both know how exciting it is to be in the organization team and also to enjoy the maximum on the D-Day!

Based on what you just said, I think that, even if we do our best to prepare everything before time, on the day, there should be at least one thing that will not turn out right. I realized that when organizing an event or anything, it is important to have a contingency plan to be on the safe side and I am happy that you find a Wi-Fi connection afterwards to be able to do your task. I presume that it was a real pleasure for you to assist the event and to see the several people participating and enjoying something that you helped to create.

Good luck for your internship (if is still going on) and also for your report.

Gaelle.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hi Estelle,

Sorry for the delay in my reply!

I totally agree with you. It definitely is an exciting and enriching experience. I am happy to see that we share the same impression about events in the professional world.

The contingency plan is indeed a good thing to do for an event.

Thank you for sharing your point of view and ideas.
Thanks and good luck to you too for your report!

Nathalie.