Hi everyone,
This week started with so much tasks to accomplish.It was a challenged for me to manage every single tasks in time.I have a wedding to organise.Well I am not organising the wedding I am just assisting the wedding planner.At first sight it seems really fantastic but after receiving my to-do lists the excitement went down.Task number one: made the event checklist.It was a great responsibility to make such kind of tasks and I was telling to myself that it was an honour for me to make it and that the team trust me.I have two days to make the list and to phone to the external parties such as the caterer,the florist and pastry.Hence,in the morning a meeting was held in the conference room with the wedding planner and the different assistants.Each one received a specific tasks to do and received deadlines.The customers were really picky and the wedding planner stressed on the point that everything should be done the way it was asked.
Everyone were really motivated about this wedding.Who says that internship was boring?I really enjoyed my time here and I will make the most of it.It is the moment to learn the public relation functions and to get comfortable in what you are doing.Meeting deadlines,sharing of ideas and responsibilities are the only way to learn..My colleagues are really fantastic and motivate me to gave the best of me everyday.
Today I felt really grateful to be here.
Talk to you soon
3 comments:
Hello Melanie,
It seems that you have got a great experience during your internship. It is very important to do the job what we love to be able to enjoy the job no matter how challenging it might be. Doing something what you love is one of the best things in life. It motivates you to be more productive and effective. one important thing is that your will never get bored in the workplace and avoid conflicts and misunderstanding among staff.
I always want to work in the event field and your post and boost up my confident of working in this field.
I really hope that you soon find a job in the event field and good luck for your career.
HI Melody
WOW… your internship is very interesting and exciting.
I would love to do that experience of being involved in the preparation of a wedding………
Participating in the organisation of a wedding is not an easy job but for sure to do the tasks well, you definitely need a check list.
As the proverb says “the customer is King” and you must do your maximum to please them.
Hope that everything went well and that you were able to meet all your deadline because sometime things do not go as plan especially when dealing with external parties and it can be very stressful …….
I think a good planning and a GOOD follow up, thing should go well
All the best…..
Hi Melody,
It is interesting to see how extensive and versatile a Public Relations job really is.
I know the feeling of being impressed by the importance of the work assigned to you as an intern. It may be scary as it feels like they trust you a little too much. But in the end, when you're done with the task you feel so proud to have accomplished it.
It is really rewarding to work in the Public Relations Industry. However our internship experience has made it clear that professionalism and timeliness are essential in order to carry out the tasks assigned to oneself.
Thanks for sharing your experience.
I feel it is important to know as well how others have lived the experience.
Good luck with the report.
Nathalie.
Post a Comment