Hi guys!
I'd love to get into the details of what I've been up to throughout my internship, but before that, let me introduce myself. I'm Keeshaanan Sundaresan, 22 year-old Mass Communication and PR student in Curtin University, Sarawak Malaysia. I'm currently interning with the Corporate Communications Department of Curtin Sarawak; a department that specifically deals with the press, organizes PR campaigns and pushes for corporate branding.
Recently, I was involved in the team that handled the Graduation Ceremony that took place on campus, where I was given the task of handling the media representatives that were invited to cover and report on the event.
Pre-Event
- We prepared media releases and produced a considerable amount of copies, one day prior to the event.
- We assigned specific labels to organize seating locations for the media personnel
During Event
- We arrived early and organized a registration booth
- Media reps were greeted and escorted to their seating positions
- We mingled with them to make them feel comfortable
- Assisted them with any additional information that they required
Post Event
- We went through all media channels to monitor and keep track as to whether our story went up in any way.
It was fun to see the extensive coverage we received for the Graduation ceremony and the experience was nothing short of an eye-opener.
Till the next post!
Welcome to PR Internship - YOUR opportunity to put everything you have learned over the past years at university into practice and to get a thorough insight into what public relations is like "in the real world". This Blog allows you to reflect on your experiences, share insights with other students across campuses and to possibly give advice and support to fellow students. Please also see http://printernship-reflections.blogspot.com.au/ for more reflections

1 comment:
Hi Keeshaanan,
I am Nathalie from Mauritius.
It seems like you got an awesome experience of event planning.
I feel that it is really important to get through this in order to understand the real stressful aspect of Public Relations!
It's logic but interesting to see that despite the difference of location, the basis remains the same in the domain of Public Relations.
This experience must have greatly reinforced your self-confidence in the professional world.
Your photo pictures your task very well!
Thanks for sharing your experience and good luck with your report!
Nathalie.
Post a Comment