Thursday, May 28, 2015

My first day at Lux*

Firstly I would say i was lucky as I have not wait for long to get an Internship. The first mail that i sent was at Lux* Resorts and Hotels where i really wanted to get an internship. After one week, Lux* contacted me and they told when i would like to join them for an internship. I was offered a chance to do my internship in the department of Press and Public Relations.
For my first day, i reached early in order to make a good impression and i was received by Charlene and she showed me around and showed me my department. I was very nervous on my first day, because it is my first working experience and i don't know if i would be able to do all the tasks they would ask me to do. But, my supervisor is someone really kind and nice, she immediately put me at ease. I was surprised because i got a nice desk to work. Then, she introduced me to other department and introduced me to other colleagues. After that, i signed an internship contract and Carinne my supervisor explained me the rules and regulations. 
The first day i have not done many things, Carinne asked me to do a lists of what modules i have done and related to that she will give me works during my internship. The first task that i have done she told me to prepare some media kits to send to Lux* Belle Mare because there was some media people to come.
 My first day went well as Carinne was very helpful and i was really eager to come for the next day.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Arzina,

You have got the chance not to wait long to have an internship as compared to me where i had waited almost one month to have one.Working in a hotel was definitely advantage for you as your degree is based on both Tourism and PR. I wanted to have my internship in a hotel but unfortunately i didn't obtain.

I can imagine your feeling on your fist day where everything was new. I remember a friend told me that on his first day of internship, there was nobody out there to help him out and nobody told him what he has to do. I guess it was his one of his worst feelings.

I hope that will find soon find a job where you will deliver your PR skills and knowledge.

Unknown said...

Hello Arzina,
You were very lucky to have got your internship quickly as I had lots of difficulties before getting one. The department seems interesting Press and PR. Even I reached early for interview and first day at work and probably everyone has done it. So I think we are already a step ahead of other people looking for job. I am very pleased to hear that your supervisor was very helpful and Lux resorts is a very reputed brand of hotel. First day are always like that there is nothing much to do and then afterwards you get lots of works to do.
Thank You
Hans

Anonymous said...

Hi Arzina,

When I read your post I understand every single emotion and situation that you had to manage.I was a bit stressed too on my first day.You had the chance to obtain a good company and I am sure that you made the most of it.Lux* is a very reputed company which set high standard.I guessed you enriched your knowledge and skills in the Public Relation department of Lux*. There is nothing better than being in such company when doing a degree in Tourism management.

Regards,

Melody

Rooshita said...

hi Arina, u r indeed very very lucky as u've got ur internship very quickly. I had to wait a lot. at some point of time i was afraid that i might drop the module since i was not getting any response from anywhere. finally ENL accepted my internship and i started working with them. it is really a beautiful experience.internship at lux must has been an enriching experience for u since u r doing ur bcom in tourism and event management.