Greetings. I’m Hafidz Harris form Curtin Bentley campus and currently, I’m doing my internship at HeiTech Padu in Malaysia. HeiTech is an IT and Service Provider Company which deals with many Malaysian government agencies as well as other national and international private corporation.
I was placed in the corporate communication and investor relation department (CCIR)on the 1st of December. This opportunity changed my views on PR work as a whole.
On my first day of work, I was introduced to my superior after undergoing HR training. She is the head of the department and after I was given a brief introduction to other CCIR people, I was given my first assignment – Peninsular Malaysia print media analysis. I had to analyze the ADEX and determine Malaysia’s mainstream print media on my first day! I thought the first day was supposed to be ‘introduction day’. Silly me then…but I did it none the less. Overall, it actually helps me to determine the right publication to approach and to understand the overall circulation of the country’s print media.
The next day, I was given a project to host the ‘Blood Donation Drive 2008’ which will be done at the company’s lobby. I had to create the posters, the arrangement of the event and other artwork and coordination planning. The donation will be on the 17th of December. This project was assign to me and another CCIR named Yasmin. She helped me a lot to understand the nature and the environment of the company. So it’s good to have someone more senior to help you.
On top of all that, I was given another assignment which is to create an ad for a publication called Graduan. The publication is a placement / list of companies that offers job opportunities to fresh grads. The company wants to place an ad to attract newly grads to join the company. I was asked to take photographs of what ‘could’ be the next face for HeiTech as well as to design the artwork and layout for the ad. Talk about workload..sigh*
Well, that’s all for now. Heaps of work to do. The boss needs the mock up this Friday. So bye for now...:)
Hafidz Harris
No comments:
Post a Comment