Monday, December 22, 2008

Press Conference For Mini Novella

Hello everyone,
How are you guys doing? I hope everything is fine at your place. I am back to share what I have been doing at work. So this time I am going to share how I actually involved in a press conference held at my office as one of the Corporate Communications team. There was a press conference at Sri Pentas Bandar Utama on the past few weeks. The press conference is to announce the latest mini novella that will be aired at TV9. So during the press conference there will be artists that act in the drama series, press, and also our sponsor for this mini novella. The press conference starts at 11.00 am so my team and I went to the press conference room a little bit earlier to get our preparation done.

I was in charge of the press registration counter. So what I basically need to do is to sit at the registration counter. Once the presses come, I will ask them to sign and write their name at the attendance book. After they signed they will be given a media kit. In the media kit, there was a press release on the mini novella and there is also products sample provided by our sponsors to be given out to the press and attendees during the press conference. Before the press conference starts, my team fix the VIP seats and make sure their seats is labeled. My team also needs to prepare and arrange the stage with the other crew members. This is to make sure that the TV placed on stage, and the audio works well for the press conference.

After a while, the press conference starts. It went well and the surprise planned during the press conference also went smoothly. The surprise is when they introduce the casts for this mini novella in a different way. The casts did a catwalk while the host introduces their role in the series. After the press conference I was asked to gather all the cast for a photo shoot. Overall, the casts are very cooperative and they understand our job and they give their commitments to us. From this task, I learned how to communicate with the actress and actresses in a professional manner. Let me explain one of the scenarios that I faced when I did this task.

When I have gathered all the cast at the photo shoot location, I have one more actor that is still eating. It is not appropriate for me to approach him and ask him to stop eating for the photo shoot. So what I did is go to the photographer and tell him to shoot the individual photo of the other casts first. I just observe the actor that is still eating. When he finishes eating I told him that we need him for the photo shoot. He went to the photo shoot place with me and he has not missed anything as the photographer is still shooting the other casts. What I learn from here, is that although we have a task or a job that need to be done, we always need to observe the current situation. Think before doing or making any decision. If we see someone is eating and we need him to get our job done, do not just ask him to stop eating. You should wait and if you see that there is still time, then let him finish eating first. As a PR person, we should always consider about other things and we should always be calm. Handle any situation professionally and be rational about your decision. Above is a few of the characteristics that need to be fulfilled by a PR person.

I will end my posting here. Will write more soon;)

Regards.
Nurhiza (LUCT).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey hida, its really nice to attend a press conference for a television channel beacuse u get to meet a lot VIPs and stars....its interesting to see hw the whole team conducts the press conference smoothly..cheers to u..

Anonymous said...

Hey Dhashene,
I agreed that it is interesting to be a part of handling a press conference. We must work in a team to make sure everything is done..cheers to u too..