Hi All,
My name is Chara from Curtin Bentley Campus. This is my first blog for my placement. I have just completed 5 days at St John of God Health Care (SJGHC). My placement is a little different as I will be completing the placement in 2 different locations. My first week has been at the head office and the remaining 3 weeks will be spent at the hospital.
So far in my placement, I have been involved in a corporate event where SJGHC invite their key stakeholders to a show held by the Perth International Arts Festival, of which they are a sponsor. I attended an initial presentation from PIAF and reviewed the program of events and was able to make a suggestion to one of the Directors about which show they should see. While in the end my suggestion was not taken on board, I did feel that I had had some input.
During the lead up to Christmas I was also responsible for designing an electronic Christmas card and sending out an abundance of the traditional paper Christmas cards to key stakeholders. I guess I haven’t ever really thought about the importance of Christmas cards in the business sense. It is an opportunity for organisations to build business relationships for the New Year and maintain existing relationships. (and here I was thinking that you just sent them to your friends at Christmas!)
I have also been researching and trying to find a place suitable to hold a conference and accommodation for interstate employees coming for the conference. While I am at the very beginning stage of the planning for the conference, I will not get to see the rest of the planning which goes into it. However, I like to think that I helped them find a suitable venue!
As SJGHC has also been my place of work last year, I have found it very comforting to be doing my placement there. I have been working with a great bunch of people and have found stepping into the different role a breeze. However, when I go to the hospital for the remaining 15 days, I think I will find it a little more challenging. Being in my comfort zone at the head office has helped me to feel at ease and I feel my background knowledge of the company has been beneficial.
Hope you are all going well in your placements!
Regards,
Chara
1 comment:
Hey from Malaysia!
Glad you could join us on our journey into the PR world. Anyway in response to your greeting card, Im glad Im not the only one that had to design cards and all. Thank god for my graphic design skills. Would have been so lost without photoshop and illustrator.I think addign a personal touch to adressing your key publics are important as they will feel more comfortable with the company. I have a friend who does car journalism and on his birthday, he got a nice card from one of the car companies and it was personally writen and signed by the manager of the company which is a big honour. Considering that the Manager took his time to acknowledge your birthday and all. I find that a very good technique in impressing the media. Anyway, It is nice to know that you're enjoying your job. Hope to hear more from you.
Love
Amy
Post a Comment