Sunday, January 4, 2009

Hi Guys. Did I mention about our new show for this year?

I came to office this morning with good news. The journalist from Deccan Chronicle text me this morning asking for our Pongal Program line ups. I came to office and told my seniors who are by the way, happy about the article on Saturday.

We usually go on outdoor shootings every Sunday to host ZEE Tamizh's cooking contest called 'ANJARIAPETTI'. I am in charge of taking adequate photographs for our Management team, and also keep a list of all the participants and teams and their recipes.

It is a new reality show that we will be launching this year. We had to cancel shootings last week since we couldn't find an apartment, but we are hunting for an apartment for next week. We bring in a celebrity guest to taste the food and decide the winners. The gifts are also cooking related apparatus.

The contest is a platform for Zee Tamizh to establish itself to more viewers, especially upper-middle class audience. Therefore, this also acts as a PR event held every week. The amount of crowd at ever apartment that we go to is immense. So we are planning to approach a School. The idea is to organize a School fair where parents of the children participate in the cooking contest and sell it in the fair. The money is given back to a Good will organization or to the School itself; our channel receives immense publicity.

This idea is the brainchild of Ms. Sathya, our Strategic planner who is the head of Zee South India which includes four states - Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu.

ANJARAIPETTI is one of the many shows planned for this year; more of which I cannot elaborate. However, it is really encouraging to see that the Channel is making constant efforts to ensure a foothold in Tamil Nadu, and I am glad/fortunate to be a part of it.

To be continued...

NIRAN VIKCTOR BENJAHMIN
E7871583
LUCT

No comments: