Hey guys,
Been seriously busy with events to even bother to come and share my experience with you guys. Today, weirdly, is a slow day. So anyway since my last post, I have done some crazy things here. We got to decorate the whole of Astro with christmas ornaments and I even got to help design what type of ornaments should be used which is kindda cool.
Besides that, in conjunction with the Astro's Kampus Astro which is a platform for boosting the educational system and learning functions in Malaysia, Astro has had so many events that launches the many great ideas and plans that can help eradicate the bridge that seperates those who are less fortunate to the education system. For example, Astro C3G is a program on television which will feature working adults with really odd jobs which has not been recognised widely but still able to help the future generation to earn a living. These people will speak on their jobs and hopefully parents (especially chinese parents) of the future generation will not force their child to take up something like medicine even if they do not have any interest in the field.
Astro also saw the final show of 'Sehati Berdansa' which is a Malaysian version of Dancing with the Stars, which I had to issue out invites to the media, RSVP and make sure that they were happy at the finals, getting enuff good shots of the contestants and making sure they covered the after party as anything they report can have a huge impact on Astro. We also recently launched 'Raja Lawak' which is a show to find the next funny man/woman in Malaysia. My weekly duties for these shows are to issue out invites to the media, create a staff comm to inform the staff to catch the show on TV as well as to make sure the interviews between the media and the eliminated contestants go smoothly.
Last friday (2nd Jan), my boss also made trips to various newspapers in order to wish them a Happy New Year and to strenghten the contacts of Astro and the Media. I wished I could have followed. Unfortunately, Astro is on a limited budget due to the bad economy so I wasnt able to go. Would have been a great opportunity to get to know the different journalist and try win their hearts so that it would be easier for me to liase with them in the future. Oh well! :(
What I cannot wait for is the Chinese New Year Party which the communication division will be hosting soon. We are in the mist of sending out invites to all media, arrange a food testing session with the restaurant, and look for uniformed cheong sams for all of us to wear. Cannot wait for it cause I would rather go and organise events than sit at the desk and write and translate press releases, not that Im complaining but events ROCK!
Love,
Amy
2 comments:
Hi Amy,
First of all Congratulations on Curtin. I wanted to ask you about the press releases that you are asked to do. Is it for the media or for the internal publics? You see, I am not allowed to send or even do a press release that has to leave our premises. Here, interns are not allowed to declare themselves to our key publics. I wonder is it's the same there?
Hey Vicktor,
Sorry for the late reply but yeah here at Astro Im allowed to write my own press release and send it out. However my senior colleagues will check on it and correct whatever mistake I have made on the grammar part. As for the information in my press release, it is highly reliable as I had to do an extensive amount of research and to talk to others who are in charge of the event or the thing that Im writing about just to get information from the horses mouth. Other than that I strongly advice you request your supervisor to allow you to write and send out one press release on your own. It will do you good in the future.
Cheers!
Post a Comment