Hi all,
I had an interesting day today. I was given the opportunity to interview a world-renowned director from New York who is currently the artist in residence at Curtin. He has come to train the Performing Arts students his various acting techniques and direct their production of Romeo and Juliet which opens in 2 weeks. He was an extremely interesting fellow and it was great to be able to write an article from information I had received first hand.
Something I have found quite surprising is the heavy focus on writing in this placement. I enjoy writing, so I have enjoyed it, but it is really all I have done for my whole placement. Because Curtin is such a large institution, the different areas and responsibilities typical of Public Relations are actually spread across a variety of department such as publications, External Relations and Government Relations. The PR department is focused purely on media and events, and so the areas we have learnt so much about during our degree, such as stakeholder management, sponsorship etc are actaully all taken care of in different departments. It would be interesting to find out how things are structured in other large organisations....
Ciao for now
Erin
1 comment:
Hey..
Wow! How was it like to interview a world-renowned director from New York?? It must have been exciting and stressful at the same time!
Regarding your focus in writing, keep on doing it! This may be your talent for all you know. If you keep practising it, it will get better and better!
Just do it!
Rgds,
Ann
Post a Comment