Monday, February 9, 2009

A little frustrating.....

Hi everyone,

I have been busy all morning juggling four different press releases I'm working on. What I have quickly realised during my first few weeks is that things never happen as quickly as you'd like them too. I keep running into roadblocks that are preventing me from finishing my assignments, such as waiting to get hold of people for comment or going through the laborious approvals process. Because I'm working in the education sector, each release requires at least 4 or 5 people to approve them before I can send them out. This will often take up to a week or more and I fear that all my hard work will be wasted because the article will no longer be timely enough to be newsworthy. I would be very interested to hear about others' experience with the process of sending out media releases and what their usual turn around time is?

Erin Mill
Curtin University

No comments: