Monday, February 9, 2009

My own Projects!!

I have been rather busy in my placement. I have had several projects on the go. The current website is going to be redesigned. I have been reviewing the current website and been doing a lot of web mapping. It is important to map the site out so that when the new website is loaded, all the current website visitors are still able to find the information easily. As I did Internet Marketing last semester, I found this area to be quite interesting. It is good to see that what we do at uni for assignments is actually what is done in the real world!

I have also been reviewing the patient compendiums in each ward. This is the file which is kept in the patient’s rooms which contains all the information about the hospital. I was reviewing the compendiums so that all the information in the files could be standardised across all the wards. I found this an interesting activity. I was then able to make suggestions to my manager about what information should be put in all the files and what information should be omitted.

Signs, signs and more signs.
My signage project in the hospital has been an ongoing task. My manager gave me a lot of feedback from my initial work and so this week, I have been writing a new policy for the hospital! I have found this to be both challenging and rewarding. While it is something which I have not been prepared for during my PR studies, I did feel competent enough to be able to write a draft policy, which could be used as a base for the policy which will be written by the Marketing and Public Relations department. I was given a lot of positive feedback from my manager. It is good to feel like you are doing ‘useful’ work. I know everything I have done in my placement has been useful to the organisation in some way, but it is rewarding to be handling a project by myself and be able to begin writing a new policy for the hospital, which has stemmed from the my original signage project. Although I can’t really talk too much about the project itself, I can say that I have found this area of work to be a good learning experience.

I don’t have too long to go in the PR intern world...very soon it will be back to Semester 1 of uni. I have to say after just finishing Summer School last week; I am not looking forward to going back to uni so soon!

That’s all for now...

Chara


No comments: