Monday, February 9, 2009

Two weeks down.....

Hi all,

My second week with Curtin's Corporate Communications department was excellent. I was given the opportunity to spend time in three of the other areas with Corporate Communications - Publications, External relations and the Digital Media Unit. This gave me an insight into the responsibilities of the different sections and how they interelate with the PR team. I found the External Relations department really quite interesting because their focus is stakeholder management which, as you'd all know, has been a central theme to our degree in PR. They manage relationships with government, industry and the corporate sector.

I really enjoyed the diversity of work I was given this week. I wrote an article for the Campus News on the Curtin website and another article for the aumni publication. I also completed a press release regarding some interesting research being conducted by a Curtin Post doc fellow on Ethiopian coffee cultivation.

My highlight of my week was seeing my media release from my first week being published in three community newspapers. It was very rewarding to see an assignment from the very beginning right through to it being published. I am hoping my last two weeks will be as interesting as the first.....

Erin Mill
Curtin Corporate Communications

No comments: