So I am now finishing up my second last week. Only one week and a day left. I can’t believe I’m nearly done. I’ve really gotten used to the habit of coming into the city three times a week. I’ve really enjoyed the girls I’ve worked with and the things I’ve been able to see and attempt to do.
Unfortunately though as it’s the holidays many of the people that we would normally liaise with are away, or if not the media can’t be bothered covering it. And it’s also quiet season… everyone is fishing for stories but none of them seem to really appeal. When I first started the whales were an issue, there was lead and nickel issues but for some reason January was absolutely dead. Like seriously, nothing much to do for most people here. I was fortunate enough to be able to be working on the Tidy Towns project which is to be launched on Friday the 13th, so it’ll be exciting seeing it all come together... although it does mean I have to drive to Bunbury …
Meanwhile I’ve still been plodding along on my report. There hasn’t really been much else to do for me though and it’s sad that I have to leave now, just as one of the other ladies starts to gear up to organise the State Environment Awards. It’s a real pity in fact as I am quiet interested in the organizational and management aspect of events. I guess that just means I’ll have to find another internship during term time.
So with my second last blog I wish everyone luck with their internships, whether you are mid way through, starting or just about to. It’s a blast and whilst there may be quiet times with nothing much to do, ask ask and ask again until you get something to do. If all else fails ‘network’ and by that I mean chat to your co-workers!
Until next time,
Camilla
1 comment:
You mentioned about having enjoyed your time with the people you work with and now nearing the end. I can feel it for you, it is really difficult to part ways with people you have worked and enjoyed you time with more especially when your time together was a success; understanding each others very well, knowing what the team has done, is doing and has to do. It is even more painful to leave the team before getting projects done and seeing their outcome, especially if it’s the projects you have started and were under your control; having to leave just because the duration of the internship is over.
Lack of activities in January, I feel sorry for you but I can tell you I experienced the same with the company I’m working with. Sometimes I had to come to work but had nothing much to do. Thanks God it was a bit busier towards the end of January with projects coming in and our bosses giving us some tasks to do. Hope you would also have something to do in your final week to have much to write in the report and wish you the best.
Post a Comment