Thursday, February 5, 2009

Monthly Medal at KLGCC

On 24th January, KLGCC organised a monthly event called, "Monthly Medal" open to members of this golf club. As this event is handled by Golf and Sports Department, PR officers under MARCOM and Events unit are there to snap photos to be enclosed in the latest issue of our bi monthly newsletter.

We were there before 7am to prepare for the event. As Club Liaison Executives were the front liners representing PR and Marketing Department, they were there to communicate with the club's members. They serve as the intermediary and bridge to send forth club's mission, vision and goals.
The score cards for participants
Buggies awaiting participants.
Caddies awaiting to serve the participants of the tournament.
Draw List for Monthly Medal.
Breakfast before the tee off.
When the game went half way through, my other colleagues were inside the course. I stayed back in the office to handle some other things and stand by at the office.

Around 2pm, lunch was served. I was there to help out with photo shooting of the prize giving and lunch. My supervisor, Najwa was there to guide me on photos to be taken. For the prize giving ceremony, I was there to observe and learn. It was indeed a good experience. Even though I am placed to do more writings, I get to see how golf tournament was held, and how PR department functions. Under one department (PR and Marketing), the three different units carry different responsibility in conveying the same communication goals.

That's my update for the event.
Bye!!!

Regards,
Foo Soo Huey (Fish)

No comments: