Monday, March 30, 2009

Almost the end

Hi everyone,

How is going your placement? Hope everything is just fine for you.

Tomorrow will be my last day at work. I have now been there for a period of two month and, I am quite happy with my experience. My only regret is that I wasn't part of a PR department. Actually, I am the only personn here working as a PR practicioner. That is why, I think I may have learnt a bit less that if I was workin with PR people.

But, I have had the opportunity to create an ENTIRE PR plan for the club I am working for (east fremantle club of football). I came up with ideas concerning how to promote their activities and events, how to recruit new members and, how to effectively communicate with their publics. I really hope they will like my plan. I am a bit stressed as tomorrow I have a meeting with all EFFC employees to present my plan. This is quite new for me and, I won't be liying to say I am a bit scared. But, everyone here is lovely and, everything should be fine. Plus, Katharina has seen my plan and said it looked good. Well, we'll see, I have done my best.

I really enjoyed working as a PR practicioner and, I am glad I had the opportunity to actually work as one. It can be hard to figure out what will be your job while you are studying. Today, I can say I am happy I chose PR.

Good luck to everyone.

Agathe

1 comment:

Miriam Gichomo said...

Hi Agathe,

I feel you on the working as the only PR person in your company. I am currently the only PR person for my company and the work load is intense coz i have to use my uni learning skills as opposed to having someone remind me what i need to do. Happy for you that you have finally finished, that gives me hope to continue and know that am not the only one who has to deal with being the only PR person in the company.

Good on you, and goodluck in the future.

Miriam