Monday, March 9, 2009

My second day at the International Students Committee

Today was my second day at work. It was so very exciting, after having wrote the blog last time, I then started to research into the documents I had, as I told you. It was amazing how the report of several events, one of which I was able to be responsible for, are really helpful. During the PR classes where you learn all about events, one cannot over-estimate the power of someone evaluating the event. This was so useful. It helped me know, who exactly needs to be contacted and what were their mistakes so I could learn from it.
Well while browsing into the documents for more information I found a 2006 media list that needs major updating. That is another thing too, I never really thought of the importance of media lists, you need them for almost everything. Therefore, that was what I mainly did today, update the list and make sure everyone was still alive and working there. Unfortunately the committee has not kept a healthy relationship with the media, they have only emailed the different institutions when needed for media releases. I thought that was a bit sad, and decided to ring up everyone as soon as I complete the list.
The event I am organising is called Harmony Day, many of you might have seen it. It is this crazy day where all the different clubs of Curtin gather and throw information at you. Well, it is unbelievable but the ISC did not have a club list yet. I started making one using the Guild website but then found out a lot of the information was not updated therefore went straight to the Guild to ask for help. This made it so much easier.
The other interesting thing that I had not known the importance of before is research. It is so true that you are always conducting research and it makes such a difference to whatever you are working on. The office has no 2007 or 2008 documents unfortunately but I’m going to make a 2009 one just so next year it will make their life much easier.

No comments: