‘School Matters’ at DET
Greetings everyone,
Luke with you all again,
Well I’m checking in again to update the situation about how things are rolling at DET. Over the last week I have mainly worked on writing feature articles for the DET internal stakeholder newsletter, School Matters. The newsletter is a monthly issue and covers basically everything that s going on in the world of teaching in Western Australia and at a Federal level. I was given journalistic freedom to research, contact sources, conduct interviews and craft my own articles that will be featured in upcoming editions with a touch of sub-editing by the publication manager. The work was incredibly exciting and both nerve racking being in my mind thrown in the deep end. I worked on two stories, one relating to school engagement programs, that offer Tafe and Apprenticeship pre-training to students not heading to uni and one story related to increasing the number female employees in top administrational roles in the Education Department. I found the work very rewarding talking to teachers and students,and challenging in the way I had to develop a writing style that was part narrative, investigative journalistic, creative writing and interview all rolled into one. In the end my work was proofed by the publication manager and the first story relating to school engagement programs will feature in the April edition with my second article likely to feature in the ensuing month. All in all it was a pretty incredible week and one that has really helped my writing style, it’s been another diverse and wonderful experience that’s making me better at being a PR practitioner. Great chatting to everyone again.
Cheers
Luke
No comments:
Post a Comment