My experiences at DET
Hello everyone, Luke with you.
This week at the Department of Education and Training a big part of the work that I’ve been working on has been the WA Training awards. The WA Training awards are an annual competition presented by the WA Government that rewards apprentices and training providers for their outstanding performance or service in their related areas. The awards are held later in the year, but now is the time to secure sponsorship of the all the categories and organise the gala dinner and award ceremony. This week has given me invaluable experience in events management and web site development as the new training awards website was re-launched with updated competition and Q+A information.
I first off worked on re-writing a new Q+A web document aimed at answering any queries for potential candidates, then was given responsibility for contacting small businesses and organisations for possible sponsorship of award categories and then finally helped in the creation of information packs for candidate apprentices and training providers. It was an interesting week where I got to dabble in a wide assortment of PR and events management activities which was both wonderful and rewarding. When the awards ceremony is held later in the year and my internship is long over I will certainly smile when I read about the event in the paper.
That the incredible thing about interning at DET, the variety of work you can be involved in. Everyday has been different to the last exposing me to the full gamete of PR functions and practices. My time at DET has certainly helped influence just what aspect of PR I want to get into and specialise if possible which is how the Communications and Marketing department is structured at DET. The department is split into teams of four or five working on a specific area of PR and then communicating back to the department managers who keep all the different PR teams informed about what everyone is doing cross pollinating ideas and information where necessary.
Summing up this week it has simply been brilliant, can’t wait to update everyone in my next blog.
Cheers all,
Luke.
No comments:
Post a Comment