Hey!
So just to remind you, I am doing my work experience with the International Students Committee at Curtin, Bentley.
This is crazy, I have already done seven days there and I am so thrilled and excited about Harmony Day except that I have a strain neck muscle and this is making it so much harder.
At the moment one key word is: delegate. Unfortunately, I wanted to take a little too much work on my shoulders and today it's getting harder especially with all the uni work alongside.
Yet, thankfully, I am still on track and I am meeting the deadlines for the event. It's unbelievable how the PR tutorial about planning events is becoming handy at the moment. Yes I might have used those skills when planning parties but now it's not the same, there's a lot of things you aren't in control of and planning makes a difference. For instance, I emailed all the Clubs last week and they had a week to confirm whether they will come or not. I knew that during that week I needed to find performers for the event so these two activities could work alongside. I am sad now rethinking about it that I am not using the Microsoft software that we learnt about. I believe that would have made it much easier but I have a daily to do list for the event.
It's hard to plan the event in a month too, I believe that the next PR Officer should get in touch with the clubs much earlier, but because I had no clubs list to start with there was no other way, yet because I have put a copy of the list on the computer in the office, this will make it easier for the next person.
I am learning a lot of different things and most important how to improve on my planning skills. Hope you all are enjoying your placements and if not, make it better, funnier, more exciting!!
Cheers!
Emilie
No comments:
Post a Comment