Internship experience
Hi everyone!!! I am in fact really late with my postings and I really apologize for that! Reason being that I was quite lost with the functioning of that blog, I could not do my postings properly!So, I am Rachel Odillard, and I am a student of Charles Telfair Institute (CTI) which is found in Mauritius. I am actually doing a BA in Mass Communication and I am unfortunately finishing my studies in some months.
I have been doing my PR internship in a well-known company in Mauritius and which happens to be one of the main shareholders of CTI which is Ireland Blyth Limited (IBL). I have started my internship in the beginning of February and I can say that my first job experience was an excellent one. The first week went on well and the staff there was really very nice to me and I felt really comfortable there. The Senior Communication Manager, Cecile Masson, is a lady from whom I have gained a lot of knowledge for having had the chance to work personally with her. She really gave me a lot in terms on advices concerning the profession of Public Relations and gave me a consciousness of how important it was for a PR practitioner to be prudent when communicating with its public for instance the media.
My first week went on well. Most of the work done during this week was mainly press clippings as there were some which were for the weeks before, all I had to do was to update that. This exercise helped me a lot in knowing more about the company as IBL operates in various sectors namely the Financial sector, the Retail sector, Seafood and Marine sector and finally Logistics, Engineering and Commerce sector. For those who want to have an in depth idea of what the company is all about, please have a look at its website http://www.iblgroup.com/.
Talk to you soon,
Rachel
1 comment:
Hey there.
Yeah I think the hardest part of any internship or job for that matter is adjusting to the style, vibe and culture of an organisation and how they conduct their PR business. One of the best and fastest ways I learnt that at my placement was by doing media clippings and writing press releases. I am doing my internship in Perth Australia working for a State Government Department in their PR and Marketing division. Being fresh from uni my writing and language style was quite formal and technical, but I learnt very quickly that my style wasn’t right for the organsiation and I had to change the tone and language to cater for a more casual style of stakeholder. It sounds like you having fun and getting some great experience, so I wish you all the best in the future.
Regards
Luke
Post a Comment