Hi Everyone!
I'm just over half way through my placement now and am starting to feel like I'm getting somewhere now. I'm beginning to feel a lot more confident with writing media releases now. I've done three now and I'm definitely able to get them done a lot quicker now!
this past week I've spent most of my time working on a long running project I've been given which is pretty much a branding strategy. I originally thought this was more of a marketing task, which I was still happy to do as I am also majoring in Marketing, but was unsure of how relevant it would be to my PR Placement.
It took me a while to really understand what I was trying to achieve with the report and now after doing research, yes that meant looking at academic journals, (I really thought that would stop after uni but it appears not), I'm really understanding the link between PR and branding. So much of PR is reputation management and so the reputation of the corporate brand is the basis publics use to identify with the organisation and its values. Having a strong consistent brand that reflects the culture and values of an organisation is important to the reputation of an organisation. This is even more important in an industry like forestry's that is constantly under attack from various protest groups.
This has been a great eye opener for me as I'm now starting to see the link between PR and areas of marketing that I really enjoy such as branding. I'm really hoping I can make some good recommendations when I'm finished the report and that it will help assist the FPC to improve their image.
I Hope everyone is enjoying their placements!
2 comments:
Hi Rachael
It sounds like you are having a quite interesting internship over there. It's good you had a chance to write media releases, i've never had this chance at the company where I did my internship. I had wished to do it at some stage because it is really among the important aspects of public relations work.
Like you,I also did work that is not primarily PR based but needed some PR applications. PR is important now in most organisations regardless of their business because like you said, it is all about reputation management. So, every organisation would like to have good reputation/image. Good image of the organisation should be reflected in the image of its products; therefore, i agree with you that PR is somehow linked to the branding tasks you were working on. In my words, I can say the two enhance each other in the sense that; good reputation of the organisation resulting from PR work means good reputation of the brand, good branding on the other hand can work well in building good reputation of the organisation.
hope you will do very well with your task
Wish you the best of luck for the rest of your placement.
Hi there!
First I would like to congratulate you for gaining the confident to write media releases. I still in the process of gaining confident to write media releases, to read and write and read and write and getting other people to check on my work. Hope I can achieve my confident with practicing and writing more media releases.
It is a good experience to be able to plan a strategy, thanks for sharing your knowledge about the link between public relations and branding in an organisation. From what you mentioned in your blog, I agree that Public relations somehow link with branding. I see that public relations and corporate branding is part of the important elements in an organisation. By producing a good image brand will allow the organisation to be able to create a good reputation in people eyes. To maintain a good image, public relations can establish strategies that could help to maintain or gain better image for the organisation. Good luck with your task and update us more.
Post a Comment