Having past the half way point of my internship, I am increasingly aware of the importance that the media plays in reaching stakeholders, especially when combining multiple mediums for an integrated Public Relations campaign. Particularly, for a small organization such as Drum, it is impossible (both financially and in time management) to regularly reach all stakeholders as much as you would like, let alone new ones, without the help of multiple media “couriers”.
Since being at Drum, the emphasis of a good Press Release and Media Kit has been reinforced, just as mentioned way back in PR 102. I have had the opportunity to view many media releases, some good, some bad and it is obvious how important they are to their success of disseminating the right messages in an engaging way. Some of these remind me of the Press Releases I produced back in first or second year, no one I didn’t get a great mark for them.
I have also worked with some Social Networking websites, particularly MySpace and am seeing the importance of non traditional media, as has been stressed to us for so long now. I have also had the fortunate opportunity to get an insight into the running of a record label and have discussed as well as worked with developing some Street Team initiatives and other modern tools for communication. Modern communication methods are areas that were only briefly touched on throughout my PR units, and are keeping me very intrigued at the closing stages of my studies.
No comments:
Post a Comment