Thursday, May 28, 2009

The End

Hey everyone,

An update of the end of my internship with a branding consultancy called Ova. During my time there, I was most days busy and some days not too busy. I had made a lot of new friends as well as learned a lot more about the corporate world. I did not expect it to be as challenging as it was.

During my time there as I mentioned in my last post, I had a project that involved CSR. I am glad to say that a lot of hard work and research was put into it but it was all worth it. The clients were very happy with our ideas and is now running a new CSR campaign to recognize unsung heroes in Malaysia.

I also had a project that involved rebranding an insurance firms policy names. This is included brainstormning for ideas in many different languages including Latin, Bahasa Malaysia and English. The names we finally came up with were included in the short list. I was very happy to see that they have chosen one of my titles.

At the end of my experience, I am now looking forward to a future in corporate branding. To my delight, I had been offered to come back to Ova after my graduation to begin as a junior consultant as trial run for further hiring. My experience will be unforgettable.

Nur Iman Omar (Bentley Campus)

1 comment:

Luke-13115230 said...

Hi Nur Iman Omar,

Exciting to hear that during your time you touched on issues relating to CSR. It’s a hard question for an organisation to ask itself sometimes I think. Furthermore the re-branding work also sounds very exciting, working from a truly international perspective in what would seem a multi national corporation. As PR practitioners working in the Asia-Pacific region, that kind of international experience would be invaluable as barriers in the world economy for doing business continue to be further torn down and reduced. Congratulations on the job, you must be thrilled. I was also offered a three month contract of employment with the Education department where I undertook my placement. It just goes to show that Pr 393 is one of the most rewarding and effective units in our university lives, providing the launching pad for our careers and the next stage in our life.

Good luck,

Cheers

Luke - 13115230