The final week of internship at Ireland Blyth was full of exciting experience.
IBL was working hard on the issue of its corporate magazine, the IBL News which is targets a large audience. The IBL news contains information about the actual financial position of the company, contains the messages that the Chief Executive Officer, or the people of the board of directors want to convey. It also contains the explanation of the Corporate Social Responsibity and what the company expects of the year 2009 in terms of profits and also how they expects the company to be perceived by its publics.
I was therefore, very concerned with the issue of the magazine. Some weeks before the issue date, I went with the Communication Manager to a meeting with the agency which was working on the concept and layout of the magazine and there I observed how they discuss about different matters and how they come to an agreement. The timeline also was very important as they had had some delay in completing the project, it was thus very interesting to see how in real life, how people in companies deal with these matters.
As most of you guys, I'm sure that you were all sad to leave your respective company. For my part, I can say that it was really a good experience. I actually even got a proposition of extending my internship but unfortunately due to the amount of stuff that I had to do for my studies, I had to post-pone. However, I have been asked to come after my studies, and I am supposed to go on internship in July and it will be for a duration of two months.
My internship actually helped me a lot in understanding how Communication and Public Relations were crucial in a company. I was also concerned with the daily tasks such as the press clippings. I actually really appreciated my experience and I am eager to start over again.
Talk to you soon guys!
Rachel.
IBL was working hard on the issue of its corporate magazine, the IBL News which is targets a large audience. The IBL news contains information about the actual financial position of the company, contains the messages that the Chief Executive Officer, or the people of the board of directors want to convey. It also contains the explanation of the Corporate Social Responsibity and what the company expects of the year 2009 in terms of profits and also how they expects the company to be perceived by its publics.
I was therefore, very concerned with the issue of the magazine. Some weeks before the issue date, I went with the Communication Manager to a meeting with the agency which was working on the concept and layout of the magazine and there I observed how they discuss about different matters and how they come to an agreement. The timeline also was very important as they had had some delay in completing the project, it was thus very interesting to see how in real life, how people in companies deal with these matters.
As most of you guys, I'm sure that you were all sad to leave your respective company. For my part, I can say that it was really a good experience. I actually even got a proposition of extending my internship but unfortunately due to the amount of stuff that I had to do for my studies, I had to post-pone. However, I have been asked to come after my studies, and I am supposed to go on internship in July and it will be for a duration of two months.
My internship actually helped me a lot in understanding how Communication and Public Relations were crucial in a company. I was also concerned with the daily tasks such as the press clippings. I actually really appreciated my experience and I am eager to start over again.
Talk to you soon guys!
Rachel.
2 comments:
Sounds like you had a great time on your placement Rachel. It is such a great experience and the exposure to real life situations and applying everything you have learned at uni has been awesome.
Good luck with everything and congratulations on being offered an extension on you internship!!
Hi Dyann, actually I had really a great time at IBL, it was really a very good lesson for me, as you said, when applying what you have learn in class to real life situations is awesome even if sometimes you find that what you have done academically is quite different when applying to real life.
Thanks very much for your encouragement, Wishing you all the best :)
Rachel
Post a Comment