Hi everyone
The pressure of the economy on businesses is certainly being felt and clearly reflected in the project I am working on for my prac placement.
The project is aimed at consolidating relationships with EXISTING clients - if we happen to communicate with some new clients along the way, then this is advantageous, but not the focus.
I have found that a lot of clients are so under pressure not to communicate with recruitment agencies that they are forgoing the strong relationship with the agency and are unable to meet, even just for a coffee. Of course, this is not everyone, so there is still a lot of communication happening with the clients, but it surprised me to discover that, at the moment, relationships are not priority, and that budget and bottom line are.
One exciting development of the project is offering clients the opportunity to see how each of their staff members are motivated by using DISC personality profiling. So I am launching into a new phase of communication with clients offering this service. At a time when things are so bad, 11 Recruitment have recognised that motivating staff that companies DO have left, can be very beneficial in maintaining a positive attitude and morale at a time when things are a little dismal.
So this is quite exciting to be communicating this to clients and we have had a reasonable response thus far. However - I cant help but feel that it still comes down to bottom line at the moment, as opposed to how employees are 'feeling'. Again - a shame but that is the reality.
What will happen when the market turns again and employees are feeling unimportant and undervalued...? Further more, what will happen when business relationships have been lost, and are needed again...? I am getting a very strong feeling of what goes around comes around - and is my big lesson in business this week.
Sarah Harrison
Curtin University
Bentley Campus
1 comment:
Hi Sarah,
I used to work for a management consulting company and we used the DISC model in our training programs. This exercise was always really well received by participants and they would have alot of fun along the way. People always love to find out more about themselves! It is also a really fanstastic tool to learn about others in your team, and how you can utilise everyone's strengths and accomodate their weaknesses. When you understand how someone really ticks, it makes life a whole lot easier. Best of luck with rolling out this program - I'm sure it will go really well.
Post a Comment